Friday, April 25, 2008

And Moses Did Say "Let my people go...!@$% themselves"

A few days ago in the once-a-year celebration event called "Earth Day" or as I lovingly call it, "Staunch Reminder on Why We Don't Have Nuclear Power" day, (which, obviously, the French don't celebrate, with them having tons of nuclear power and 0 fatalities or environmental risks.) we all dealt with the usual hippie banter on how we can save the Earth by buying a Hybrid, hang around our solar-powered, windmill attached houses and watch Al Gore's PowerPoint Presentation while being told that your gas guzzler is destroying the environment (never mind the fact that the USA could never match China's CO2 emissions even if we tried...did I mention the fact they signed that Kyoto Agreement?).

Somewhere through all the "Protect Mother Earth" crap and "Save the Planet" hoopla, one of my favorite women in the whole wide world, Nancy Pelosi comes to my attention.

Just look at her beautiful smile.

During a rousing "Staunch Reminder on Why We Don't Have Nuclear Power" Day speech (C'mon people, The FRENCH have it! The FRENCH! ) Nancy Pelosi said this:

"The Bible tells us in the Old Testament, 'To minister to the needs of God's creation is an act of worship. To ignore those needs is to dishonor the God who made us.' On this Earth Day, and every day, let us pledge to our children, and our children's children, that they will have clean air to breathe, clean water to drink, and the opportunity to experience the wonders of nature."

Apparently we know who else was in the bathroom during the Democrat Leadership Council a few years back when they taught the Democrats how to fake a belief in God Al "Where your heart is, there's your treasure also" Gore.

Ladies and Gentlemen what I am about to say will probably not shock you, nor may it be the first nor last time you've heard this uttered, but it must be said:

NANCY PELOSI IS WRONG! Check for yourself if you think otherwise.


I'd like to point out that, despite what others might say, this is not a misquote. There's nothing in the bible hinting at such a thing. You know that whole "God gave us dominion over the fish in the sea and the birds in the air" thing kinda contradicts exactly what she said. I coulda sworn the bible basically said, "Here's Earth. Take it. Rape it. It's yours." not "Worship My creation just as you would Me."

I haven't read the Good Book in awhile, so maybe the ACLU has put it up for interpretation recently and threw that in. Maybe she got mixed up with something Jesus said...but then that would be in the New Testament. As I said in a previous post, the Bible is not really my area of skill. I've read some of it, but my skill mores lies with the philosophy and the rules of the Catholic faith. All I know is that I would have spent 15 minutes looking at the bible to confirm that quote before I go in front of national television and speak.

And of course, the liberals in the media ate the whole thing up. Didn't take long, however, for someone to open up a bible and actually look in it to see that she had no idea what she was talking about.

It's not like I needed yet ANOTHER reason to want her gone from the senate..
.

2 comments:

Dad 2 eight said...

Lord. Where did you find that Pelosi picture? She's had one Botox too many. By the way, Scripture Scholar Pelosi is Speaker of the House..not the Senate.

Flession said...

I meant House, not senate...I wish to invoke the Writ of Jason Blair and have the mistake competely ignored while getting a promotion because I'm a minority--err...I mean, I'm a hard worker and a great writer.