Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Cruel Ironry

Today is the day of many things.

First off, today is Super Tuesday, the day that 10 states supposidly decide the fate of our Presidental nominees. Unfortunatly, due to my living in North Carolina, I am unable to particpate in such a thing. With the disappoint of Flordia mainly due to the "Independent" (aka liberal) influence, there is a strong illusion that McCain is the Republican front runner. That is, of course, if you just read the New York Times or most of the Mainstream Media outlets, (which they can't stop raving about how much they love John McCain...which should be red flag #1)

Unfortunatly, due to the situation that liberals have put us in, we are now left with two Republicans that I'd rather not see in office. (I was a Thompson supporter, FYI).

It's like picking up the leftovers of a buffet. We either have between the skinny looking chicken, or the overdone steak. I'll leave it to you to decide which one describes which canidate. I'm, unfortunatly, rooting for Romney, because at least he's a Republican. With McCain, being a liberal Republican (which we already have a term for: Moderate Democrat), he hardly follows anything that the Republican party stands for. So it's pretty much anyone's guess when he's going to finally do what he should have done already and switch parties. Maybe he's just waiting to see if he gets elected before he betrays the GOP. Well, even more than what he has already.

And in the trash of the buffet we call the Democractic ticket, we have Hilarly "Feminist only when it's convient, then I cry Crocodile tears" Clinton against Barack "Radical Ideas=GOOD!" Obama. With Edwards gone (Thank you sweet merciful Christ), it's left to pick the lesser of two evils.

So, as it appears, we're properly screwed this coming election. No matter who wins, the American people lose. Which brings up to another importance of today: Mardi Gras

For those of you non-Catholics, Mardi Gras is the last day before the season of Lent that we can actually (amoung other things) drink, before we fast for 40 days. With what lies before us, I suggest you take full advantage of this; it's going to be a rough 40 days.

3 comments:

Flession said...

other point of interest.

Today is my father's birthday!

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Dad 2 eight said...

Nipster:

Thanks. Don't feel a day over 85.

DAD

Laura said...

A) Happy birthday to your dad.I'm one of his blog stalkers.
B)I am in a state of political fog right now...I'm afraid of them all.
C)I've eaten 3 donuts today.